Affective Computing aims at the study and development of systems and devices that use emotion, in particular in human computer and human robot interaction. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer science, psychology, and cognitive science.
The Demo track of the annual gathering of the Association for the Advancement Of Affective Computing’s (AAAC) 2023 Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction Conference (ACII 2023) is the perfect opportunity to showcase demonstrations of recent advancements in this space. Technologies, products, and prototypes are all welcome for presentation, to engage with an international community of experts from various corners of social science, computer science, and data science. Demo presenters will benefit from heightened exposure for their work, and feedback from scientists and experts in the field. We encourage creative, artistic and thought-provoking experiences, and research prototypes and commercial products. Demos are also an excellent opportunity to find beta testers and other collaborators. A two-page extended abstracts is required and will be published in the conference proceedings for all accepted demos.
- Paper Submission Deadline: 30th June, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: 11th July, 2023
- Camera Ready Submissions: 1st August, 2023
- Conference Dates: 10-13th September 2023
Submissions of demonstrations of research prototypes and innovative commercial products related to applications of affective computing and intelligent interaction are welcome. The conference format of ACII 2023 will be in person, and demonstrations will be accepted in three formats: live demos, video recordings and slideshows.
Each demo paper will be reviewed and selected based on its scientific contribution, originality and innovation, social impact, potential for widespread use, and relevance to topics of ACII. Demo papers should include detailed technical explanations of the methods used. Similar demos will be grouped together to maximize the visibility of the presenters and their technologies.
What to Submit
The submission materials should be combined into a single document including the following:
- A two-page (+ one additional page for references) extended abstract to be published in the ACII 2023 proceedings in the conference paper format (LaTeX/Word templates). The abstract should include (1) a brief background introduction and description of the system, (2) a summary of the technical contributions of the system, and (3) results of a formal evaluation or an experiment to be conducted during the demo (if applicable).
- A URL link to a video recording demonstrating how the system works.
The demo papers submission process will be handled through the EasyChair system. Please note that the demo presenters must register for the conference.
Please forward any questions about demo submissions to the Demo Chairs: Daniel McDuff (email@example.com) and Prasanth Murali (firstname.lastname@example.org).