Call for Workshops and Challenges
The organizing committee of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) 2022 is now inviting proposals for workshops and challenges. The biennial conference is the flagship conference for research in Affective Computing, covering topics related to the study of intelligent systems that read, express, or otherwise use emotion.
Workshops at ACII allow a group of scientists an opportunity to get together to network and discuss a specific topic in detail. Examples of past workshops include: Emotions in Games, Affective Brain-Computer Interfaces, Affective Touch, Group Emotions, Affective Computing for Affective Disorders, etc. We want to encourage workshop proposals that draw together interdisciplinary perspectives on topics in affective computing. We also welcome Challenge-type workshops, where workshop participants would work on a shared task. Proposals are encouraged to make a connection to the theme of the conference : “Affective computing for mental and physical well-being”.
Workshops should focus on a central question or topic. Workshop organizers will be responsible for soliciting and reviewing papers, and putting together an exciting schedule. We also encourage workshop organizers to schedule time for networking and discussion. Workshop organizers are also expected to present a short summary of the workshop during the main conference to allow dissemination of the workshop outcomes to the wider community.
Here are some examples of previous ACII workshops.
- Title of Workshop;
- Organizers and affiliations, with a main contact person identified if there are multiple organizers;
- Rationale for the workshop, which should cover the importance and timeliness of the proposed topic to ACII, as well as the scope of the workshop;
- Expected outcomes and impact of the workshop;
- Length of workshop (full-day or half-day);
- List of tentative and confirmed members attending the workshop (whether tentative or confirmed). Workshop members are in charge of the peer review process, and the workshop organiser will collate and recommend acceptances of the papers to ACII Workshop Chairs;
- Proposed format of workshop (e.g., oral presentations, poster session, breaks);
- Any logistical requirements needed for the workshop; and
- List of related and previous workshops/conferences on this/related topics.
- Workshop proposal submission deadline: April 15, 2022
- Notification of acceptance of Workshop proposal: April TBC, 2022
- Workshop paper submission deadline: May (TBD by workshop organizers)
- Workshop paper notification: June/July (TBD by workshop organizers)
- Workshop Camera Ready Papers Due (same as main conference): TBD
- Date of Workshops: 18 – 21 October, 2022