Call for Tutorial proposals
The organizing committee of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) 2022 invites proposals for tutorial. ACII is the annual Conference of the Association for the Advancement of Affective Computing (AAAC) which is the premier international forum for research on affective, physiological, and multimodal human-computer/robot/machine interaction and systems. ACII 2022 will be held in Nara, Japan on October 18th – 21st, 2022.
The theme of ACII 2022 is “Affective computing for mental and physical well- being”. The current Covid-19 pandemic and resulting societal changes have severely impacted mental and physical well-being (such as social isolation and loneliness). We welcome tutorial proposals which cover topics related to the ACII 2022 theme in introductory or advanced levels to complement the conference’s program.
In general, tutorials may introduce an uprising issue to the related research discussed at ACII 2021, or reflect an overview of an important, but already established topic, both presented in an illustrative fashion. For this, we expect that the tutors focus on the state-of-the-art or the main ideas of the proposed topic rather than primary on the presenters’ own research interests. The tutorials can be organised as either half-day (preferred) or full-day events and will take place at the same venue as the main conference. The proposals will be evaluated based on the impact, quality, interdisciplinary character, presentation format as well as the theme and relevance to the conference.
Proposal Submission Instructions
Tutorial proposals should not exceed 4 pages (Arial font size: 11, no template provided) and have to be emailed to the tutorial chairs (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use “[ACII2022] Tutorial Proposal” in the subject line. All proposals should be prepared in PDF providing the following information:
- Tutorial Title
- Duration: half-day, full-day (Note: Half-day (3h) tutorials are preferred and are the common ACII tutorial format; Full-day (6h) tutorial proposals have to justify for the additional value)
- Presenter(s) Name and Affiliation
- Contact Information of the Tutorial Organiser
- Description of the Proposal (including a few relevant references and links to material useful for review)
- Explanation of Relevance of the Proposed Tutorial
- Description of Presentation Format and Style (several presenters, video conferencing, specific media, etc.)
- Equipment required for the Tutorial
- CV of Presenter(s)
- Key Publications of Presenter(s) (especially on the Tutorial Topic)
- Target Audience (e.g. early-stage or advanced researchers in the field, students, etc.)
- Provided accompanying Material (specific requirements)
- Other Considerations/Comments related to the Proposal or the Reviewing
We encourage tutorial presenters to publicly share tutorial materials if possible (eg. presenters’ webpage and/or ACII2022 website).
- Tutorial Proposal Deadline: June 17, 2022
- Tutorial Acceptance Notification: July 1, 2022
- Tutorial Materials Camera-ready deadline: October 11, 2022
Please forward any questions about tutorial proposals to the tutorial chairs: