Call for Demos
Affective Computing aims at the study and development of systems and devices that use emotion, in particular in human computer and human robot interaction. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer science, psychology, and cognitive science. The biennial gathering of the Association for the Advancement Of Affective Computing’s (AAAC) 2022 Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction Conference (ACII 2022) is the perfect opportunity to showcase recent technologies, products, and prototypes and to engage with an international community of experts from various corners of social science, computer science, and data science. Demo presenters will benefit from heightened exposure for their work, as well as feedback from many of the most renowned scientists in the field. Demos are also an excellent opportunity to find beta testers and other collaborators. Two-page extended abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings for all accepted demos.
- Paper submission deadline: 22 July, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: 5 August, 2022
- Camera ready paper: 15 August, 2022
Theme for 2022
We strongly encourage the submission of demos that align with the ACII 2022 theme of Affective computing for mental and physical well-being. We welcome submissions from academic researchers, companies, and startups in domains ranging from entertainment and marketing to education and healthcare.
Submissions of demonstrations of research prototypes and innovative commercial products related to applications of affective computing and intelligent interaction are welcome. The conference format of ACII 2022 will be virtual or hybrid, and demonstrations will be accepted in three formats: live demos, video recordings and slideshows.
Each demo paper will be reviewed and selected based on its scientific contribution, originality and innovation, social impact, potential for widespread use, and relevance to topics of ACII. Demo papers should include detailed technical explanations of the methods used. Similar demos will be grouped together in order to maximize the visibility of the presenters and their technologies.
What to Submit
The submission materials should be combined into a single document including the following:
- A two-page (+ one additional page for references) extended abstract to be published in the ACII 2022 proceedings in the conference paper format (LaTeX/Word templates). The abstract should include (1) a brief background introduction and description of the system, (2) a summary of the technical contributions of the system, and (3) results of a formal evaluation or an experiment to be conducted during the demo (if applicable).
- A URL link to a video recording or screenshots demonstrating how the system works.
The demo papers submission process will be handled through the EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=acii2022) system. Please note that the demo presenters must be registered for the conference.
Please forward any questions about demo submissions to the Demo Chairs: Christopher Thorstenson(firstname.lastname@example.org) and Yukiko Nakano (email@example.com).